This final update is way too long outstanding. I posted in forum but not this blog as I am still struggling with the blog interface and was distracted by other stuffs.
I airbrushed the underside of those armor that will be exposed; the shoulder and skirting underside is airbrushed gun metal color.
Putting together some parts to see how the color is like when place together.
The inner frame
Ready for Decal
Hand painted the pilot
Into the dry booth.
Well, despite my attempt to clean up my room of dust before top coat, it seems that some dust settled on the first two piece I airbrushed. It seems like some white precipitation as it seems to appear as I was spraying, not sure if my eye is playing tricks or sure is it the decal setter reaction to the paint; could it really be dust or from the cloth I used to clean the pieces before spraying due to fear of oil or perspiration from my hand. I decided to dilute the topcoat further and re-clean subsequent pieces. I used GSI GX-100 for top coat.
Accident always happen to me. This time I accidentally touched one of the piece when top coat is still wet and cause some obvious blemish which I think I will correct later.
On the 30 anniversary clear parts.
I saw the nubs instead of cutting , afraid that the whitening may be too deep.
I use an etched saw.
Then I sand with 600 grit to get rid of the nub and whitening marks.
I followed by sanding down dry and wet with 3M ultrafine and microfine sand sponge.
I then rub with Gunze grit 3000 compound followed by Model Wax.
Finally … clear…
Final Update concluded.